apeSoft has released apeDelay – a new iOS app that implements up to 2048 Stereo Spectral Delay lines with feedback.
Here’s the official video intro:
The algorithm is based on the STFT (i.e. Short Time Fourier Transform) analysis/re-synthesis. The audio signal is converted in abstract ‘Frequency Domain’, where is manipulated and transformed back again in ‘Time Domain’.
You can draw three shapes for the Times, Feedbacks and Panning. You can use more advanced spectral manipulations, like the Spectral Blur, Granulate, Bins Decimator and Freeze.
- Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (sender and FX)
- Built In Stereo Sampler with varispeed and scrubbing
- Control Manager LFO for all the Parameters
- Midibus, Virtual Midi and Network: 14 bit NRPN controllers
- File Manager, sharing common audio files via iTunes, Dropbox and AudioCopy
- Snapshots Presets Morphing Pad
- Post Fx: Stereo Delay, Amazing ClassicVerb Low/Hi Shelving and Dynamic Processor
apeDelay is available for US $5.99 in the App Store.