XILS-lab has released Syn’X 2, a new multi- format (AAX, AU, RTAS, VST), 32- and 64-bit polytimbral virtual analogue synthesizer plug-in for Mac & Windows.
The new synth is inspired, in part, by the classic Elka Synthex & the Oberheim Matrix 12.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Syn’x 2 is a Polytimbral Synthetizer inspired for the synthesis part by a legendary Italian Synthesizer from the 80’s, while its multilayer card based architecture is inspired by sophisticated hardware analog monsters like the Oberheim Matrix 12.
The Sound : It offers the striking combination of clear and punchy DCOs with cutting multimode modeled analog filters like it’s ancestor, one of the last Vintage Polyphonic Analog Synthetizers, and a piece of Synthesis history, including the famous BBD Chorus !
And because it’s multitimbral, you can use up to 16 oscillators, 8 0df Analog Filters, 32 DADSR envelopes and Modulation Matrixes addressing any of the 132 possible destinations to build your own patches.
- Oscillators with cumulative waveforms (Up to 40 per patch)
- New 0DF PWM/Hard Sync Algorithm
- Unique Lfos with cumulative waveforms (Up to 50 per patch)
- Additional D-ADSR envelopes and Modulation Matrixes (Per Layer)
- Unison, 2 arpegiattors, 2 Keyboards zones, Guitar Multitimbral mode
- Plethora of monophonic and polyphonic Play Modes
- PolySequencer (Also acting as a modulation source)
- Easy Sound Creation with our unique Smart Load Technology
- Vintage sounding effects : Chorus, Phaser, Delay, Analog EQ. True Stereo
- Dual programming environment which offers you two different edit mode ( Easy and Advanced)
Syn’X 2 is available now. Through July 21st, it’s priced at 119€ instead of 169€ (introductory offer). See the XILS-Lab site for details and audio demos.