Roland has released a series of videos, embedded below, that feature Dr Richard Boulanger, Professor of Electronic Production and Design at the Berklee College of Music, giving an in-depth demo of the new System-1m Eurorack synth module:
In the video series, Boulanger covers the System-1m’s architecture, using the synth’s CV/Gate connectivity, integration with Eurorack systems and getting started creating sounds.
- Semi-modular synthesizer with PLUG-OUT capability
- 19 color-coded CV/Gate and audio connections with LED lighting
- 84 HP Eurorack, tabletop and 19” rack compatible using AC adaptor or Eurorack power
- Versatile oscillators with six waveforms, Crossmod, Ring Mod, Sync and Color control
- All parameters controlled with high-resolution knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- External input for processing external signals through filter, amp and FX section
- -12 dB and -24 dB filter types with independent high-pass filters
- Integrated tone, crusher, reverb and delay effects
- Tempo syncing for LFO and delay
- 24-bit/96kHz audio and MIDI interface
- AIRA Link for easy connection to MX-1 Mix Performer
- Includes rackmount adapter and braided patch cables
The Roland SYSTEM-1m has a street price of about $599. More information is available at the Roland AIRA website.