Here are a pair of in-depth demos with the new Arturia BeatStep Pro sequencer, which is now shipping.
The first video, above, features Alex Anderson from WMD demonstrating how the BeatStep Pro an be used with CV/Gate to control analog gear.
Topics covered include:
- Control and sequencing of modular synth gear
- Ease of use (start making music within hours)
- Connecting with Analog Synth Gear
- Integrating a computer (optional)
- Three sequences, one for drums and two others
- Assigning to pads and triggering in real time
- Benefits of using a sequencer
- MIDI and CV Control
The second video, above, features Arturia Sound Designer, Greg Savage.
Savage takes a look at creating beats and sequences with the BeatStep Pro:, including:
- Tempo and Sync
- Swing, Randomness, and Probability
- Shift Commands and Transport Control
- Using the Roller / Looper in real time
- Getting the most out of the BeatStep Pro
- Finding inspiration when using the BeatStep Pro
- Shift commands on the BeatStep Pro
- Using the BeatStep Pro in the studio for composition and arranging
The BeatStep Pro is available now, with a street price of about US $249. See the Arturia site for details.
BeatStep Pro has a street price of about US $249. See the Arturia site for details.