Developer Arthur Kerns has introduced midiLFOs – a MIDI controller app that sends modulation control data to other music apps and external synthesizers.
It consists of four independent LFOs that are used to send 7 bit MIDI CC messages in repeating Low Frequency Oscillating patterns.
The LFOs can be the various standard shapes (sine, saw, triangle, square, sample and hold) but can also modulate each others amplitude and rate to create even more interesting shapes.
Here’s a video demo:
midiLFOs does not make music or sound by itself, it controls other MIDI capable synth apps and devices in your studio. You can use it to modulate the filter cutoff frequency of your favorite synth app, the pan position of the hi hats in a drum machine app, the feedback amount of a delay effect, or the pitch of an external hardware synthesizer. Or you can do all four at the same time.
- Four independent LFOs that send 7-bit MIDI CCs
- Easily configure CoreMIDI port, channel, CC# per LFO
- Easily adjust shape, rate, offset, lag per LFO
- Modulate the rate and amount of an LFO using other LFOs
- Sync LFOs to MIDI clock
- Map trigger, LFO rate, and modulation amount values to incoming MIDI
midiLFOs is available for US $4.99 in the App Store.