Spektro Audio has made several updates to it CV Toolkit – its set of software modules that you can use with hardware modular synths.
The updates include:
- CV Toolkit 2.1 update which fixes a couple of bugs and adds some minor enhancements
- A new module pack called Beats which includes 5 virtual modules (Binary Sequencer, Clock Quartet, Gate Sequencer, Sequential Rhythms and VC Random Gates) focused on creating gate / trigger sequences.
- The new CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle which includes all the main software and all the module packs available to date for U$39.99
Here are the details:
CV Toolkit 2.1 Update
The new 2.1 update for CV Toolkit fixes some bugs related to the Expert Sleepers ESX-4CV/ESX-8CV compatibility, other bugs found in some of the virtual modules, and enhances some of the features related to the CV to MIDI CC converters.
Details are available at the SA site.
The new Beats pack is a brand new module pack for CV Toolkit 2 and it features 5 modules : Binary Sequencer, Clock Quartet, Gate Sequencer, Sequential Rhythms and VC Random Gates.
Here’s the official intro video:
Here’s an overview of the 5 new modules:
- Binary Sequencer uses binary representations of the latin letters to create 8-step gate sequences. Each letter will generate a different sequence / pattern which can also be rotated and flipped via the panel controls and CV inputs.
- Clock Quartet uses 4 different clock dividers combined using OR logic (inspired by the Tiptop Audio Trigger Riot module) to create interesting sequences. Each of these clock dividers can be set to different rate, time shift, pulse-width and probability.
- Gate Sequencer is a simple and easy to use sequencer with separate sequencing layers for probability and pulse-width per step. The length of the sequence can be set from 4 to 32 steps.
- Sequencial Rhythms is a 4-stage switcher that can be sequenced to create interesting gate patterns. Each of the 4 stages include a clock divider that can be set to a specific rate / clock division. The built-in sequencer can be clocked internally, externally (via the Gate Bus), or controlled directly via the module’s CV input (CV Mode) and can be set to 3 different modes: FWD (Forward), BWD (Backwards) or RND (Random).
- The VC Random Gates generates musically quantized random gates. With Complexity at 0%, the module will have a 70% probability of generating quarter notes. As you increate the Complexity amount, the module reduces the probability of generating quarter notes and increases the probability of creating shorter notes (1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/16, 1/32).
The new Beats Pack is available for U$ 9.99.
CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle
The new CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle is a way for new customers to get everything that is available for CV Toolkit, without having to get everything separately.
The CV Toolkit 2 – Complete Bundle (which includes the CV Toolkit 2 software and the Deluxe, VBrazil LFO, and the new Beats packs) is available for U$39.99.
If you’ve used CV Toolkit, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!