You won’t want to step on it – but you can use it to control both apps and MIDI hardware, using the screen, a Bluetooth keyboard, the Audiobus Remote app, or the Apple Watch. It is easy to configure and versatile.
Here’s the official video intro:
The app features ten pages, each with ten pads. Each page can be configured to send MIDI to any number of destinations, while each pad can be configured to send a MIDI note, a chord, or either program change or control change messages. You can move swiftly from one page to another, and use it to control and configure any MIDI gear.
- With MIDI over Bluetooth, you can use also use iPhone to control an iPad.
- Use your Apple Watch to select different presets on a guitar effects app.
- With Audiobus Remote, you can control both MIDI gear and Audiobus controls in one location.
- se the pads to trigger drum samples or play synthesizers.
- Stompwatch also supports conventional Bluetooth keyboards — if the app is in the foreground, you can trigger pads by typing on the keyboard.
Stompwatch is available for US $4.99 in the App Store.