Max for Cats have released a free “Lite” version of OSCiLLOT, a
polyphonic modular synthesis system for use with Max for Live. The Lite version of OSCiLLOT comes with 26 modules and features three voices of polyphony.
The company has also released an update (v1.1) to the full-featured OSCiLLOT, which brings Max 7 compatibility and introduces a new Macro Mapping feature to the software.
The new Macro Mapping feature in OSCiLLOT v1.1 allows the user to remotely control any OSCiLLOT parameter via automation and MIDI, for full hands-on control of your modular patches. The number of included OSCiLLOT modules also continues to grow, and for this update the “DSP wizards” at Surreal Machines have produced several special units to add to the assortment.
The new modules include:
- SM Precision HighCut: a non-resonant Butterworth lowpass filter for surgical lowpass needs, with slopes from 6bB to 48dB.
- SM Analog Slew Delay: This is an analog-inspired delay unit with multiple styles of slew-limiter audio-input modification, BBD-inspired tonal shaping and filtering, warm feedback saturation and subtly distorted bass presence.
- SM XOVER: high-quality crossover filters to separate your audio into low- and high frequency parts
- SM Destroyer: digital mayhem for your modular.
- SM Multiband Distortion: high quality oversampled saturation across three tunable bands of operation
- GrainResynth: a granular resampler with modulation
An overview of the full v1.1 version of OSCiLLOT is in the video, below:
Pricing and Availability. Max for Cats’ OSCiLLOT modular (soft) synth is available now via the Ableton webstore, both in a free “Lite” version, or in a full-featured version for $99 US. Additional information and patches are available on the OSCiLLOT forum on the Ableton site.