FabFilter has released FabFilter Pro-C 2, a major update to the FabFilter Pro-C compressor plug-in.
Here’s what they have to say about the updated compressor:
Five brand-new compression styles make FabFilter Pro-C 2 even easier to set up and more effective in common scenarios such as vocal processing, mastering or EDM pumping. It’s like getting five new compressors!
Together with an abundance of new features, such as lookahead, range, hold, side-chain EQ, oversampling, and a fully redesigned user interface, FabFilter Pro-C 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way while respecting the original’s transparency and elegance.
FabFilter Pro-C 2 introduces five new compressor algorithms:
- Using the Vocal style, getting a lead vocal upfront in your mix is as easy as choosing the right threshold.
- The Mastering style is designed to be as transparent as possible, while still being able to catch those fast transients.
- The Bus style adds ‘a pleasant glue’ to drums or mix buses.
- The Punch style delivers traditional, analog-like compression behavior.
- The Pumping algorithm offers deep and over-the-top pumping — great for drum processing or EDM.
- Eight different compression styles, five of which are new in version 2: Vocal, Mastering, Bus, Punch and Pumping
- Remarkable Retina interface, with (optional) animated level knee displays and accurate peak/loudness metering
- Side-chain EQ section, with customizable HP and LP filters, plus an additional freely adjustable filter
- Program-dependent attack and release curves
- Smooth Lookahead (up to 20 ms), which can be enabled/disabled to ensure zero-latency processing
- Intelligent Auto Gain
- Hold (up to 500 ms)
- Custom Knee, variable from hard knee to a 72 dB soft knee (to enable saturation-like effects)
- Auto Release
- Up to 4x Oversampling
- Variable stereo linking and mid/side processing, with mid-only, side-only, M > S and S > M processing
- Audition Triggering option, which enables users to hear on which parts of the audio FabFilter Pro-C 2 is triggering and how much compression is being applied
- Multiple interface sizes (Small, Medium, and Large), plus Full Screen mode, offering a large level display and side-chain EQ controller
- Range setting, which limits the maximum applied gain change
- Mix setting, which scales the gain change from 0% to 200%
- Accurate, large level and gain meters, with peak and loudness level visualization (which complies with the Momentary mode of the EBU R128 / ITU-R 1770 standards)
- Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows
- External side-chain triggering
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Optional MIDI triggering
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
FabFilter Pro-C 2 is available for EUR 149, USD 179 or GBP 114, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats.