Developer Jan Cumpelík of Buranelectrix has introduced the MIDI Tempomat – a unique master clock generator with MIDI and analog clock outputs.
Here’s how it works:
- One bar (one whole note, four beats, 16 analog clicks, 96 MIDI clocks) is divided into four sections.
- Each section is assigned with own tempo (40 – 295 BPM).
- Assignment can be switched on and off, and when it’s off, tempo of last active assignment is used for current section.
- MIDI OUT – sends MIDI clock (24pqn), MIDI start, MIDI continue and MIDI stop messages
- ANALOG TRIG OUT – sends 5V pulses (4pqn) for syncing analog gear
- ANALOG TRIG IN – starts sequence and play it once
Here’s a video demo of the Tempomat in action: