At the Knobcon 2015 synth convention, Evaton Technologies introduced the upcoming SDIY MDRONE kit.
The kit consisting of a bare PCB and parts for creating a 3-oscillator standalone desktop drone machine, with adjustable bandpass filter and filter overdrive.
- 3 independent adjustable-frequency square wave oscillators
- On/Off switch for each oscillator
- Adjustable filter bandwidth (Q)
- Adjustable filter center frequency (Fc)
- Selectable filter overdrive On/Off, which creates gritty, dirty distortion in the filter.
- Volume knob
- Line out, with build option for Eurorack-level audio.
- 9V battery operation, with very low current drain; perfect for electro-busking
- Assembly manual with theory of operation; great for educational users
- Patch points for circuit-bending, and additional hints in assembly manual for more circuit bending ideas
Evaton expects the SDIY MDRONE to be available Fall/Winter 2015, priced under $100 for the full PCB + parts + case option, and less for the PCB + parts option.