WaveDNA has introduced Liquid Music for Live, a new plugin for Ableton Live 9 using Max for Live that lets you create beats, chord progressions and melodies, using a set of powerful compositional tools.
Here is the official Liquid Music for Live intro video:
- Paint melodies, harmonies and chords using the Sketch tool
- Make beats using a collection of rhythmic building blocks
- Tweak and evolve song ideas in real-time using five layers of control
- Fully integrates with Ableton Live Suite or Ableton Live with Max for Live
- Choose a synth track, and Liquid Music automatically displays the harmony toolset.
- Select a Drum Rack track, and Liquid Music supplies a set of beat sequencing tools
Liquid Music separates music into five layers, each with unique tools you can tweak and customize to morph and evolve your music:
- Sketch is where all the layers come together into one intuitive musical shape. Click and drag to create original harmonies, spark new song ideas and draw the shape of your music.
- Key determines your track’s “mood.”
- Liquid Music’s Chord Suggester can recommend complimentary chord changes that help you build progressions. The Chord Sequencer is like a drum sequencer for chords. Just choose or randomize a chord, and a list of complimentary chords helps you arrange your song quickly and easily.
- The Voice layer helps to add harmony to melodies and chords. You can import a melody and use the Voice Layer to add harmony, create cascading arpeggios and even customize how thick the harmonies are for specific parts.
- Rhythm includes a host of tools based on WaveDNA’s Liquid Rhythm software. You can experiment with new beats and customize their note duration, velocity, timing and more. Rhythm mode lets you create beats using an extensive list note patterns and clusters—entire bars at a time.
Liquid Music For Live is available now for $129 US. You can also upgrade to Liquid Music from Liquid Rhythm for $59 US.