Bremmers Audio Design has released an update to MultitrackStudio for iPad, adding support for Audio Unit effects and MIDI instruments.
Here’s what’s new in MultitrackStudio for iPad 2.3.1:
- Supports iOS 9 Audio Unit effects and MIDI instruments. Note: presets and automation are currently not supported.
- Some bug fixes.
- Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
- Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
- One effect return section.
- One master section.
- Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
- Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Reverb, Rotor, Saturator, Stereo Imager, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
- MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible), SoundFont Player, Matrix Sampler, up to four Virtual MIDI Apps and one CoreMIDI output device.
- Supports Inter-App Audio effects and instruments.
- Supports Audiobus (acts as output in Audiobus app).
- Supports Audio Unit effects and instruments (iOS 9).
- MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, chords, drum, matrix and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device. Supports Bluetooth LE MIDI.
- Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
- Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
- Exports .wav and .mid files.
- Import/export audio/MIDI via AudioShare, General Pasteboard, iTunes File Sharing or email.
- Imports/exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song, compatible with MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
MultitrackStudio is available fro US $29.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used the new version and tried out its Audio Unit capabilities, leave a comment and let us know what you’ve tried!