Free Music Software: HoustonTracker 2 is a free app that turns your Texas Instruments graphing calculator into a chiptunes synth + sequencer.
HousetonTracker is a music editor/sequencer for the Texas Instruments TI-82, TI-83/82STATS, and TI-83+/84+/SE. It allows you to compose and play multi-channel 1-bit music directly on your TI graphic calculator.
- 3 tone channels
- 1 non-interrupting drum channel
- up to 128 note patterns
- up to 64 drum/fx patterns
- sequence length up to 255 pattern rows
- 16-bit frequency precision
- 8-bit speed precision, can be configured per step
- various effects, including:
- L/C/R stereo hard-panning for tone and drum channels
- 8bit duty cycle control
- duty cycle sweep
- 2 user definable samples
- up to 8 savestates
- edit during playback
HoustonTracker 2 is free and open source and is available to download from the project site.