Pioneer has introduced RMX-1000 for iPad – a tactile app that lets you add high-quality FX via Audiobus and Inter-App Audio.
Originally launched in 2012, the hardware RMX-1000 is a popular effector that can be used in the studio and for DJ performances. The RMX-1000 app emulates the hardware to deliver touchscreen control of Scene FX, Isolate FX, X-PAD FX and Release FX.
- X-PAD FX: Trigger pre-assigned samples in time with the BPM and use the X-PAD to repeat samples at different speeds.
- SCENE FX: Build up and break down tracks by combining ten types of FX.
- RELEASE FX?Elegantly exit complex FX combinations and return to the original track using Back Spin, Vinyl Brake and Echo.
- ISOLATE FX?Alter the rhythm and timbre of the music by adjusting the Hi/Mid/Low frequencies, and add three types of FX.
- The parameters of many of the FX can be customized
- Create unique sounds and experiment with your own style.
- Supports Audiobus (bought separately) and Inter-App Audio to become a full-blown music production tool
No official video demo is currently available. Here’s an unofficial video demo, via thesoundtestroom:
RMX-1000 is available for US $9.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used RMX-1000, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!