Alesis today introduced the SamplePad 4, a compact percussion and sample-playing instrument.
SamplePad 4 comes equipped with four responsive, LED-illuminated rubber pads, dual-zone trigger input, and eight preset kits.
Users can tune and add reverb to their sounds. Intuitive navigation makes it easy to browse through kits and players can drag and drop their samples via USB on a Mac or PC without removing the SD card.
- 4 pads
- Built-in library of 25 percussion and electronic drum sounds
- 8 preset kits
- Add any sound sample to your drum or percussion setup via SD card
- Accepts SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB, storing 91 user kits and 512 samples per card
- Dynamic blue LED lighting provides clear visibility in any setting
- Intuitive navigation lets you browse through your kits with ease
- Drag and drop samples via USB on Mac or PC without removing the SD card
- USB-MIDI in/out
- Tune and add reverb to your sounds
- Dual Trigger input for expansion
“The SamplePad 4 combines every trait the modern electronic percussionist wants: it’s extremely capable with its built-in sounds and preset kits, has great expansion potential and is easy to play,” says Walter Skorupski, Product Manager for Alesis.
The Alesis SamplePad 4 is priced at US $179 and is expected to ship in 4Q 2015.