Electro-Harmonix has released the Crash Pad drum synth – an updated version of the 80’s analog original.
Like the original from 1980, the Crash Pad can create an array of drum sounds, as well as process external sounds thru its resonant filter.
The new version has been updated to respond to expression pedal/CV input for external control over the filter in real-time.
- Creates a range of percussive sounds from cymbals, snares and hi hats to oscillation sweeps
- Triggers via the on-board pushbutton, an external (non-MIDI) drum pad and most clock generator
- Process external sounds thru the resonant filter + EXP/CV input for real-time filter control
- Rugged, die-cast chassis, supplied with an EHX9.6DC-200 PSU, also accepts a 9V battery
- Works great with the EHX Clockworks Rhythm Generator/Synthesizer, 8 Step
- Program Analog Expression/CV Sequencer and other similar devices
EHX doesn’t have an official demo video for it yet – but here’s a video from Audiofanzine from AES that captures an overview of the Crash Pad:
The Crash Pad is available now for about US $117.