Korg has introduced iDS-10 – a portable synthesizer studio for iPhone, an evolution of the original DS-10 app for the Nintendo DS platform.
Korg iDS-10 combines a virtual analog synthesizer, voice synthesizer, and drum machine, inspired by the design of the original Korg DS-10. The app gives you a hand-held system for creating electronic music.
- The synthesizer provides carefully selected parameters, making it easy to enjoy sound design. All parameters can be automated. Each synthesizer provides five types of effects.
- The voice synthesizer makes it easy to generate voices. It also supports input via a microphone, which can be used as a conventional vocoder.
- The iDS-10 provides an drum machine that offers control over six drum sounds (kick, snare, hihat1 / ihat2, tom, and percussion).
- The smart keyboard lets you specify a scale so that you can step-record without worrying about “wrong” notes. And there’s also KAOSS mode, where you can produce a phrases, with just a touch of the keyboard.
- Seamlessly play 32 patterns, and also manipulate track mute and solo settings in real time.
- Send your songs by email for collaborative music productions
- And then there’s the enigmatic ‘mystery bingo’; as you continue enjoying the Korg iDS-10, the full picture will become clearer …
Korg iDS-10 is available at an introductory price of US $9.99 (50% off).