AppBC, creators of touchAble & Studiomux, has introduced Modstep – a new iPad app that’s describe as a “Modulation Monster and the first full-blown MIDI sequencer for the iPad”.
Modstep is designed to let you to create and perform music with your iPad, controlling MIDI hardware, compatible iPad music apps, and Mac and PC software. In addition, Modstep features an internal drum sampler and synth.
Here is a quick video intro to Modstep:
- MIDI sequencer with Step Sequencer and Piano Roll
- Unlimited MIDI tracks
- Audio and MIDI streaming directly via charger cable to Mac and PC using studiomux technology
- Up to 128 MIDI CCs per Track can be modulated
- Built-in drum sampler with filter, delay and reverb, fully modulateable
- Built-in synthesizer with filter, delay and reverb, fully modulateable
- Templates to control external MIDI hardware
- Template editor to create your own templates for IAA Apps, desktop Apps and external MIDI devices
- Supports all MIDI interfaces for the iPad
- Core functionality controllable via external MIDI controllers
- Works on all iPads (iPad 1 restricted to MIDI only)
- Trigger out
- Integrated IAA mixer
- Step Sequencer with active steps
- Use third party IAAs as instruments and effects within one app
- iOS 8 or later
- for audio and MIDI streaming to a Mac or PC, the studiomux server software is required (free download)
Modstep is available now for US $19.99.
If you’ve used Modstep, leave a comment and share your thoughts!