Founder Rutger Vlek let us know about River Creative Technologies, a new ‘Dutch synthesizer boutique’ manufacturer that has introduced a new line of Eurorack modules.
The “Crux” dual voltage controlled amplifier with discrete OTA core, and the “Nucleus” voltage controlled filter with discrete OTA core. Both modules are available now, both ready-made or as DIY dits.
The Crux is a dual voltage controlled amplifier with discrete OTA core.
- dual VCA around discrete transistor OTA core
- switchable linear or exponential VCA response
- switchable between Audio (AC) and CV (DC) use
- starts to pleasantly saturate beyond levels of 10Vpp (clips at 20Vpp)
- envelope (unipolar) and modulation (bipolar) CV inputs
- smart normalization of unused envelope inputs to allow for full-range bipolar modulation
The Nucleus is a voltage controlled filter with discrete OTA core.
- designed around discrete transistor OTA cores
- switchable resonance character with optional ‘Solid bass’ behaviour.
- switchable filter slope: 12 or 24dB/Oct
- ‘pleasantly saturating’ input
- stage and resonance with higher levels
- linear and exponential FM options
- envelope and modulation inputs with independent attenuvertors
- soft-touch knobs and quality hardware (mostly Alps)
Details on the new modules are available at the River Creative Technology site