Strezov Sampling has released Wotan Male Choir, a new Kontakt instrument, inspired by the Lord of the Rings ‘Moria’ male choir sound
Wotan is a virtual choir, comprised of 10 tenors and 10 basses, that lets you combine different syllables to create complete phrases.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
After spending three years exploring various methods to sample choirs Strezov Sampling finally brings to you the next generation of virtual choirs. Focusing on one of the most iconic choir timbres of the last decades in the history of film soundtracks – The Khazad-dûm male choir – Wotan is the ultimate box of tools to evoke the sound of a long forgotten kingdom.
Comprised of ten tenors and ten basses (including basso profundos), all part of many choir recording sessions for artists like Two Steps from Hell, and recorded in the Sofia Session Studio Wotan is the perfect addition to the critically acclaimed StormChoir range adding a whole new layer of dimension and detail.
Here are the official audio demos:
- 5 GB compressed and optimized sample content
- Instant Lord of the Rings sound!
- Separate recordings of ten tenors and ten basses
- The lowest basses ever sampled (Kontra G)
- 8 powerful syllables recorded within 3 dynamic layers
- Sustain (1xRR) and Staccato (2xRR) samples
- 3 mic positions – Close, Decca, Hall + custom convolution reverb
- Whispers and Shouts with multiple RRs recorded for all syllables
- Bonus sample content – 3 types of clusters recorded for tenors and basses within 3 dynamic layers
- The powerful Syllabuilder engine with CONNECT and MORPH modes that allow you to create your own sample content within Kontakt
- Ability to Load and Save your lyrics, built-in preset manager
- Integrated Help
- Combined and premixed men patch
- Lite patches for composers who don’t need all features of the library
Here are the official intro videos:
Wotan Male Choir is available now for US $269 through January 15th, 2016 (regularly $329).