In this video, German producer Tobi Neumann shares his approach to making analog kick bass drum sounds with a simple set of Eurorack modular synthesizer gear.
Neumann uses five different modules in creating his analog kick drum sounds:
- Make Noise MATHS 2013 – in this video, used as an attack/release envelope generator
- CWEJMAN VCA-4MX Quad VCA Mixer
- Tiptop Audio Z3000 mk2 – smart VC oscillator
- Doepfer A-138d CFX – audio interface, crossfader, FX insert
- Doepfer A-145 LFO – Neumann uses it as a simple clock in this setup
Got your own way of synthesizing kick drum sounds? Share your thoughts in the comments!
via DJ Tech Tools