Developer Marinus J.G. van de Molengraft has released DrumPerfect Pro, described as a ‘human feel drummer’ for iPad.
What sets it apart is the fact that it’s designed to be more of a virtual drummer, rather than a drum machine.
Here’s a video intro:
- Virtual drum engine designed for realistic performances:
- random sample selection,
- two-handed-playing emulation,
- 16 Linked sets ( fills & variations ) to be played at programmable intervals,
- multi-sampled instruments with up to 16 samples per instrument,
- humanise option adds randomisation of velocity and timing,
- programmable time shifts per drum stroke,
- programmable number of beats in a pattern (up to 32),
- programmable subdivision per beat (up to 16),
- smart swing function,
- JAM! function,
- BPM between 20 and 320,
- convolution-based reverb processor.
- Grid style editor for easy rhythm programming and editing.
- Kit editor for building your own multi-sampled drum kits.
- Song editor for easy song building.
- 32 Velocity-sensitive pads for live-recording.
- Sync via Inter-App-Audio, Ableton Link or midi-in clock sync.
- Audio file and midi file export to other apps.
- Audio file and midi file import from other apps.
- Full Inter-App-Audio and Audiobus support with individual outputs per instrument (16+1).
- Low-latency midi-in handling for notes, control changes and program changes.
- Extensive midi-in configuration options per port.
- Midi-learn for mapping of notes and remote commands.
DrumPerfect Pro is available for US $8.99 in the App Store. Additional content libraries are available as In-App purchases.
If you’ve used DrumPerfect Pro, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!