At the 2016 NAMM Show: DJ equipment maker Denon DJ announced on Monday its new MCX8000 DJ controller with its “exclusive and revolutionary” Engine software. The MCX8000 enables greater DJ control over Denon DJ’s Engine™ media player and Serato DJ software on a single control surface.
DJs can use the MCX8000 with USB drives by opting to use Denon DJ Engine, without a computer connected. Engine software is not required for USB playback, but its use “greatly improves the overall experience,” Denon officials report. Engine enables the DJ to directly import Serato DJ crates and hot cues, as well as create their own, all from within Denon DJ’s Engine software.
MCX800 Key Features:
- Includes Denon DJ Engine standalone technology
- 2 USB inputs for Engine playback in standalone mode
- Includes 4-deck Serato DJ software
- 2 high-definition displays show Engine and Serato DJ operation
- Professional 4-channel digital mixer with 2 microphone inputs
- 3 built-in instant effects for Engine playback and line inputs
- Velocity-sensitive performance pads for cues, rolls, slicer and samples
- Ethernet connection to control lighting and video
- Serato DVS upgrade ready
- Metal construction
Pricing and Availability. The Denon DJ MCX8000 will be shipping in February 2016, and priced at $1299.00. More information is available on the Denon DJ website.