At the 2016 NAMM Show, iConnectivity was introducing the iConnectAUDIO2+, a 2-in 6-out Audio & MIDI Interface.
The iConnectAUDIO2+ offers 2 mic/line/instrument inputs; 3 pairs of independent stereo outputs; configurable audio paths; advanced MIDI connectivity, routing, and management; full compatibility with Mac, PC and iOS devices, and the ability to pass audio and MIDI from one to another.
Here’s an overview of the iConnectAUDIO2+, from iConnectivity’s Scott Juskiw:
- Multi-host Device ports – use with one computer device plus an iOS device at the same time, or up to two computer devices (Mac/PC) at the same time
- Audio passThru routes audio digitally between computer devices
- 2 XLR ¼” TRS combo analog inputs, each with individual +48V phantom power toggle and impedance switching
- 4 ¼” TRS balanced analog outputs
- ¼” Headphone output with independent mix
- 1 X 1 MIDI DIN in/out
- iConfig software (Mac/PC/iOS) makes it simple to set up filtering/routing/mixing/merging scenes – which are also stored in flash memory on the device
- High-resolution audio – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion
- USB audio and MIDI Class-Compliant
- Capacitive touch display and control surface
- Bus powered
- Charges an iOS device when used with optional power supply (not included)
The iConnectAUDIO2+ has a street price of about US $200 and is expected to be available in Q1 2016.