Xewton has released Music Studio 2 for Android.
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for mobile devices. It combines a piano keyboard, 118 instruments, a 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing and real-time effects.
- Configurable 85-key keyboard
- Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
- 178 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
- 118 free instruments, 60 available in the in-app shop
- 6 categories: symphonic, classical, band, electronic, world, drum kits
- Release and attack time configurable per instrument
- Sustain samples
- Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
- Audio tracks:
- Microphone recording
- Audio file import (wav and m4a)
- Waveform and audio region editing
- Low-latency, highly optimized, 128x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
- 100 drum loops
- 6 real-time effects with lots of parameters: Reverb, Delay, 3-Band-Equalizer, Filter, Amp, Limiter
- 127-track sequencer
- Beat & metronome settings (tempo and signature)
- Mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment for each track
- Edit tracks, bars and even individual notes:
- Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
- MIDI import and export
- Save and load your songs and export to wav and AAC formats
- Share your songs via email, Dropbox and other Android sharing options
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Detailed in-app help
- Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
Note: Xewton includes two FAQ items about performance on Android:
Why does the Android version have less features than the iOS version?
Music Studio for Android is several versions behind (2.0 vs. 2.6). Both versions will be consolidated in version 3.0. For details, see www.xewton.com or the in-app help.
Why is there a latency between touching a key and hearing the sound?
The latency is quite high on many Android devices, see the FAQ in the in-app help.
Music Studio 3 will come as a free free upgrade on both iOS and Android and will at least address the feature gap – bringing it on par with the iOS version.
Music Studio 2 is available with an introductory price 33% off for one week ($9.99 instead of $14.99).