Electro-Harmonix has introduced the Mel9 Tape Replay Machine – a new effect designed to turn your guitar (or keyboard) into a Mellotron.
The Mel9 ‘pays homage to nine of the coolest Mellotron sounds’, according to EXH:
- Low Choir and
- High Choir
Here’s the official demo video, featuring Bill Ruppert:
- Works on guitar without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation and tracks bends, slides, even ‘whammy dive bombs’.
- Also works with bass guitar down to the open A string as well as keyboards
- Includes independent Effect and Dry volume controls so you can create the perfect mix at the Effects output
- Dry Output jack outputs your input signal at unity gain
- Attack control sets the volume swell speed. As it’s turned clockwise the notes fade in more gradually
- Sustain control adjusts the release time after a sound is stopped. As it’s turned clockwise, the fade out time increase
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC200mA PSU
Unfortunately, Electro-Harmonix has not shared a demo of the Mel9 with keyboards at this time.
The Mel9 is available now, with a list price of $295.10.