Psychic Modulation has released Phonec 2 – the latest version of a synth that was inspired by ‘the mystique of video logos you hear at the beginning of worn out VHS tapes’.
Phonec 2 is capable of producing a wide range of sounds, such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses.
It’s available for both Mac & Windows.
Phonec 2 Audio Demos:
- Dual Oscillators that can be combined in unique ways
Various oscillator combinations: Mix, Sync, Ring, X-wave, logic
- Sub Oscillator for beefing up the low end
- Analog-style oscillator drifting
- 2-stage lowpass filter plus 1-pole highpass
- Melt: A unique feature that adds instant character to any patch
- Arpeggiator (synced to host)
- Modulation Sequencer
- 3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic)
- HFO (High Frequency Oscillator)
- Various modulation types: AM, PM, FM, Filter FM
- 2 Modulation Envelopes
- Aftertouch control of several parameters
- Echoshifter: Pitchshifting Dub Delay Unit
- External Audio Processing
- MIDI Learn and automation of any parameter
- Patch Randomization
- Double Click Parameter Reset
- Intuitive patch managment system
- Default bank of 128 patches
Phonec 2 is available via the Psychic Modulation site for US $59.