Based on the auditory illusion of the Shepard Tone, the filters within Mobius Filter produce the sense of perpetually rising or falling effects that can be manipulated with an X/Y pad.
The ascending or descending results bring impact to a track: as an intensifying build-up to a chorus or drop, or as a creative effect on individual tracks and instruments.
According to the company, Mobius Filter can be used as an alternative to a standard flanger or phaser or as the “spark for psychotropic sonic textures.”
Mobius Filter runs as a plug-in in your favorite audio editor.
Mobius Filter Key Features:
- Add motion and energy to your music with infinitely ascending or descending filter sweeps.
- Draw your own sweeps with the X/Y pad, making fluid adjustments to both center frequency and resonance using a single control.
- Achieve a rapid, pulsing effect or slower motion by adjusting the host tempo sync to anything from eighth notes to eight bars.
- Create an immersive environment with the Stereo slider, which widens the stereo field in an amount of your choosing.
- Create a static filter effect by pausing the filter motion with the Pause function. Or, pause it when it feels right and then automate it to create custom sweeps.
Pricing and Availability.