Superbooth 16: Rossum Electro-Music has introduced the Assimil8or, an 8-channel sampler for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
The Assimil8or Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler provides eight independent channels of sampling, with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
- Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
- Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
- Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
- Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
- Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
- Real-time CV control of bit depth.
- Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
- Sample scrubbing under CV control.
- One-shot or gated sample playback with variable release time in gated mode.
- Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:
- Bit Depth
- Phase Modulation
- Sample Start
- Sample Length
- Loop Start
- Loop Length
- Release Decay (for gated sounds)
- A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
Assimil8or will be available this Fall from Rossum Electro-Music dealers worldwide. Pricing is to be announced.