Digital DJ app-maker Mixvibes today introduced Remixlive, a “remix toolbox” for iOS tablets and mobile devices.
Remixlive was specifically designed as a bridge between DJing and music production: the app allows users to lay down samples on an easy-to-use grid of pads, and tweak the samples in seconds.
Remixlive Key Features:
- Grid: 24 pads on the iPhone, 48 on the iPad.
- 48 samples per pack: from beats and basslines to melodies, vocals, and FX samples.
- 15 sample packs ranging from Hip-Hop to Dubstep — with more coming soon.
- Artist pack by legendary DJ/producer Carl Cox, and more to be added.
- Includes sample packs by world-famous sound design studio Loopmasters.
- Create your own packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
- Instant FX pad: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb, and many more.
- Loop your track using the different beat-repeat pads, from 2 bars down to a single beat.
- Live BPM control: change the tempo on the fly without stopping the music.
- Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
- Control levels and filters for each column.
- Trigger an entire line of samples at once with a simple swipe across the screen.
- Record your performance in high quality AAC audio.
- Share your recordings via email, or open them using your device’s other music apps.
- Edit Play mode (loop, one-shot, gate), Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse.
- Import your own samples directly from your iTunes library.
- Record any sound or voice through the mic — with an optional overdub.
- Load, move and duplicate any sample, anywhere on the grid.
- Transpose: raise or lower the tone of your samples.
- High quality audio limiter.
- Ultra-accurate BPM detection.
And, finally, the Remixlive app is universal: purchase it once and you can use it on both the iPad and iPhone.
Here’s a walkthrough of Remixlive features: