Musikmesse 2016: Swedish synth-maker Nord has announced two new modeling percussion synthesizers in advance of Musikmesse this week.
The new Nord Drum 3 and “super compact” Nord Drum 3P build on the capabilities of the Nord Drum 2.
- 6-channel Percussion Synthesizer
- Nord Drum 3P with integrated multi-pad, kick pad input and MIDI NEW
- Nord Drum 3 with 6 generic trigger/drum pad inputs and MIDI
- Simplified user interface with easy sound selection NEW
- Advanced sound engine with Resonant Synthesis, Subtractive synthesis and FM-synthesis
- Reverb and Delay Effects NEW
- Drive, Crush and EQ-effects per channel
- MIDI in/out and full CC-control
- Stereo Output with improved output level
- Headphone Output with improved output level
Simplified sound selection and new sound bank (new). The new Sound Select-feature allows the user to browse a wide selection of “great sounding” drum sounds, which are assigned to each pad individually. The percussionist can easily and quickly replace toms, cymbals or kicks by selecting from Nord Drum 3’s preset library.
The new factory sound bank features ten categories* of preset sounds that can be assigned to any of the six pads/channels, and is a starting point in rehearsal situations when it is necessary to find the right sounds in a matter of seconds.
Pricing and Availability. The Nord Drum 3/3P will be in stores in June 2016 with pricing to be announced. More information is available at the Nord website.
Nord will be exhibiting the new Nord Drum 3 and Nord Drum 3P in Frankfurt later this week at Musikmesse.
*The categories include Kicks, Snares, Toms, Claps, Cymbals, Hi-hats, Melodic, Effects, Materials and Synth.