Secret Base Design has introduced Infinite Looper – a new app that adapts audio style looping to performing with MIDI.
Infinite Looper let you quickly select different synthesizers and loop the MIDI to each, with perfect synchronization. Each of the instruments can have up to eight simultaneous loops. The loops can be of different lengths, up to sixty four measures long.
- Internal SoundFont Engine – Built into the app is an extensive SoundFont library with hundreds of instruments, and multiple drum kits.
- Inter-App Audio – Infinite Looper can host IAA-compatible synth apps
- MIDI In and Out – The app recognizes MIDI from other apps, over Bluetooth connections, and from hardware controllers.
- Loop sequencer – select different sets of loops for each section of a song, and the app will step through them automatically.
- MIDI Export – Infinite Looper will export a MIDI file for a song, which can be loaded into professional desktop DAWs.
- Keyboards and Pads – The app features a responsive piano-style keyboard — adjust note velocity by touching towards the tops of the keys. And because on-screen keyboards can be hard to play, there’s also ten pages of programmable pads.
- Quantization and MIDI Latency – To lock down timing, you can toggle on quantization, or leave it off, for a natural feeling. If you use external MIDI controllers, the app can time shift to account for the delay of Bluetooth connections or WiFi. And if you use an audio-to-MIDI converter app like MIDImorphosis, latency compensation can tighten up the timing.
- All the standards – Infinite Looper supports Ableton Link, making it easy to synchronize the app with other Link-enabled apps. There’s full support for Inter-App Audio and IAA MIDI, and Audiobus too.
- MIDI Learn – If you’re playing live, your hands might be busy with a keyboard or a guitar. With MIDI learn, you can control the app with a foot controller. Toggle on and off recording, switch tracks, and more.
- Import and Export – Easily share projects with friends using AirDrop, Dropbox, or by email.
- Take Notes – Infinite Looper projects include a text notepad
Infinite Looper uses the Ableton Link library, the Audiobus library, and the MIDIbus library. Internal sounds are from the widely used SoundFont set by Christian Collins.
Infinite Looper is available for US $9.99 in the App Store.