Cavisynth has introduced the Ardurack – a multifunction Eurorack module, based on an Arduino microcontroller.
The Ardurack offers 8 functions, all centered around pulse/square signal:
- Trigger by the push of a button (2 to 100ms per impulse).
- Tap-Tempo trigger (2 to 100ms per impulse).
- Modulator, a voltage controlled square wave LFO. Frenquency range is fixed between 0,5Hz (2000ms) and 15Hz (65ms).
- Simple square wave VCO (gated or continuous mode).
- Complex square wave VCO 1 (gated or continuous mode).
- Complex square wave VCO 2 (gated or continuous mode).
- Noise (gated or continuous mode).
- 440Hz Tuner
Here’s a video demo:
The module is available as a DIY kit or fully assembled. Since the Arduino is open, you can reprogram it with the Arduino environment and an FTDI adapter. You can also add more inputs and/or outputs using the non-exploited I/O on the ProMini board.
The Ardurack module is available in three options: a PCB and panel for €20.00; a full kit for €75.00; or assembled for €110.00.