ScreenForge has launched with a new version of Yeco – a multi-touch controller for Ableton Live that runs on both Windows and Mac.
It was formerly available via developer Graham Comerford, who, with designer Martin Reilly, founded ScreenForge.
Yeco is a full-featured multi-touch controller for Live. It offers access to Live’s device controls, plus an extensive range of MIDI controllers; Drumpads, Keyboards, XY pads, Hex Controller and the MIDI Controls Panel.
Here’s a video intro:
Here is a playlist of in-depth of video tutorials:
Yeco works on any touchscreen and has full ten point multi-touch.
If you have a touchscreen laptop or desktop monitor, you don’t need any external controllers or tablets. Everything happens on the same computer as Live, resulting in a more stable experience without the need to worry about servers or wireless networks.
With a touchscreen laptop, like the Microsoft Surface, Yeco lets have a mobile studio, without the need to carry controllers with you or connect to a network.
- The interface has been designed with simplicity and usability in mind. Those familiar with Ableton will recognize Live’s session view instantly. Features include mixers with large faders for precise control & accurate metering, device controls with value feedback from Live and all of Live’s names, colors and playing positions.
- Yeco’s MIDI controllers have a range of features that allow you to play expressively and intuitively. The Keyboards features include positional velocity control on each key, channel pressure, macro controls and assignable MIDI controls.
- The Drumpads have the same positional velocity control and are slightly taller than they are wide. This allows for expressive, precise playing – especially noticeable when playing rolls and crabbing.
- Yeco’s Hex Controller uses an isomorphic keyboard arranged in a harmonic table note layout. This makes it easy to transpose chord shapes or scale patterns.
- Yeco features a set of 4 large XY pads for multiple parameter control with easy assign buttons.
- The MIDI Control Panel features 56 assignable elements including: 27 sliders, 6 knobs, 9 momentary buttons and 14 toggles.
Pricing and Availability
Yeco is available now for €45.
If you’ve used Yeco, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!