Today audio software developer FXpansion announced the availability of Geist2, the new incarnation of their award-winning Geist. Geist2 is a sound-sculpting and beat production system with streamlined sample manipulation, arrangement, and modulation capabilities for intuitive and accelerated workflow.
Geist2 is an advanced step-sequencer and sample-based drum machine realized in software, designed with an “elegant and ergonomic” way to easily build beats and work with all kinds of music material. Grooves and rhythms can be performed and programmed quickly using Geist2’s redesigned, resizable (Retina/4K-compatible) interface.
Geist2 key features:
- Load samples or record direct to pads, slice loops, intuitively sequence beats and manipulate your sounds with unprecedented speed.
- Trigger scenes and retro-capture performances to take the pressure out of the recording process.
- Create evolving polyrhythmic beats with individual track lengths, event probability and the new TransMod modulation system.
- Reworked vector interface can be resized, rescaled and reconfigured to your needs.
- Circuit-modelled filters, new effects, loop point modulation, 64 pads for slicing longer loops and much more.
- Vintage sampler emulation mode for authentic old-school crunch.
- Quality sounds and loops to inspire your creativity.
Here are some audio samples from Geist2:
Geist2 is available for Mac OS X (10.9 or higher) and Windows (7 SP1 or higher), as 64-bit-only AAX, 32- and 64-bit AU and VST, and standalone versions.
Geist2 is available to purchase and download directly from the FXpansion website for $199.00 USD/€179.00 EUR/£139.00 GBP. Current Geist owners can upgrade to Geist2 at a reduced price of $99.00 USD/€89.00 EUR/£69.00 GBP.
Additional information, including product highlights, expander packs, and system requirements is available from FXpansion.