This morning, Native Instruments announced a free Maschine software update. Maschine v.2.4.5 provides a new set of features for working with samples within the Maschine software, along with new ways to work within the Scene paradigm in Maschine, new options for audio export, default plug-in settings and more.
The Maschine update includes a new option for working with samples in Manual slicing mode. Users can now insert slice points on the Maschine’s pads while the sample is playing.
A new Variable Scene Length feature (shown at right) allows Scene lengths to be set independent of the length of patterns, making polyrhythms easier to create and, developers say, “freeing producers from extending a pattern just to fit the scene it resides in.” Internal plug-in settings can now be saved as defaults, accelerating workflow by instantly loading with popular settings defined by the user.
In addition to these primary improvements, Maschine 2.4.5 also features the ability to export Scenes as audio, to export audio as lossless .AIFF files and browsing by product groups – which developers tout as especially useful when searching for third-party plug-ins using the Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) file format.
- Export audio in AIFF format
- Scene Export: Split by Scenes lets you export individual scenes for use as audio loops
- Automatically export the entire song range without setting a loop range first
- Eraser Tool now deletes a divider between slices instead of merging two slices
- Browse by product group (category /vendor) via MASCHINE STUDIO
- Remove all slices at once directly from the MASCHINE hardware to start again from scratch
- Directly access audio and MIDI settings from the regular preferences dialog
- “Pattern Grid” renamed to “Arrange Grid” and moved below the Group List in the software
- In the Slicer, “Manual” mode is now the default
- Added a field in preferences for custom names for export
- “Slice” Button renamed to “Split” and turns into “Slice” when a slice is played back
- Added a Loop control to the Transport in the software to enable and disable Loop playback
- Browse directly from KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard using the new Hardware Browse mode
Pricing and Availability. Native Instruments’ Maschine 2.4.5 software update is free for all owners of the Maschine 2 software and is available now via NI’s Service Center. Additional information about the Maschine 2.4.5 software update is available at the NI website.
Update: NI has pulled this update to address bugs:
Dear MASCHINE Users,
Due to a significant defect in the MASCHINE 2.4.5 version, we are going to remove this version from our website and ServiceCenter. The teams are working on a fix for the problem, and we will publish the fixed version as soon as it is ready.
In the meantime, version 2.4.0 can again be downloaded from the Updates page on the Native Instruments website after logging in to your account. We recommend that you use 2.4.0 until the new version is released, as there is a possibility that projects saved with version 2.4.5 will not be readable once we fix the defect.
Our deepest apologies for this inconvenience.
The MASCHINE Team