Softube has announced that Modular – their software Eurorack modular synthesizer – is now available for OS X & Windows.
Modular is a expandable software modular system, designed to emulate a hardware Eurorack modular synthesizer.
Softube combined their talents with those of Eurorack inventor Doepfer and other Euro manufacturers to develop emulations of the original hardware that they say are ‘as close to hardware as you can get.’
Here’s their official intro video:
- Modular is a cross-platform modular synthesizer plug-in standard, which features authorized emulations of modules from well known hardware Eurorack brands
- True dynamic circuit-emulation—looks, functions and sounds like its hardware counterparts
- Basic system contains six Doepfer modules (A-110-1 VCO, A-108 VCF, A-132-3 Dual VCA, A-140 ADSR, A-118 Noise/Random, A-147 VCLFO)
- Basic system also contains over 20 Utility modules (such as MIDI to CV/gate, mixers, slew, sample & hold, switches, multiples, delay, offset, sequencers, clock dividers, logic and signal tools, as well as a Polyphonic MIDI to CV/gate module).
- Additional authorized emulations from Intellijel is available as add-ons (uFold II, Korgasmatron II, Rubicon). Many more modules from other quality hardware Eurorack vendors to be released
- Simple design of your own interaction layout with the Performance modules in classic synthesizer style
- Softube Heartbeat drum channels and EQ can be used as separate modules for owners of Heartbeat
- More than 200 quality presets included covering a huge range of styles and sounds
- Can be used both as effect and instrument for your DAW and integrates beautifully with your hardware Eurorack modular
- High internal sample rate within system enables true feedback
Pricing and Availability
Modular is available now, for use with VST, VST3, Audio Units and AAX Native, for an introductory price of US $75 (normally $99), Additional modules are also available, for an additional cost.
If you’ve used Modular, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!