Bram Bos has introduced Ruismaker, an Audio Unit drum synth for iOS.
Ruismaker works inside sequencer and Audio Unit Instrument hosts, including Steinberg Cubasis, Apple Garageband, Modstep, AUM and MultitrackStudio. It uses analog modeling and FM synthesis to create all its sounds, not samples.
- Audio Unit Instrument: making music on iOS doesn’t get more convenient
- Each sound is modeled using authentic analog and FM algorithms;
- Comes with dozens of unique customizable models, more to come
- Does not use any samples; all sounds are synthesized in realtime, on the fly
- Emulates analog components, introducing subtle, natural fluctuations in the sound
- Replicates the Ruismaker Annabella hardware drum machine
- Light on the CPU, so you can run lots of Ruismakers simultaneously
- Has an extra compact 4″ UI mode; especially for iPhone SE and iPhone 5S
- Fully automatable parameters (requires host support)
- Fully MIDI controllable using MIDI C
You can download an advanced guide on ruismaker.com for more details about parameter automation, available instruments and MIDI implementation.
Pricing and Availability
Ruismaker is available as an Audio Unit for US $4.99 in the App Store. iOS Audio Units are supported on iPads (iPad 4, iPad Mini 2 and up) and iPhones (iPhone 5S and up) with iOS 9 and higher.