The video features Bana Haffar & Eric “Rodent” Cheslak introducing the 0-Coast, at the Perfect Circuit Audio store in Burbank, CA.
The Make Noise 0-Coast, (aka the no-coast), is a new synth that can be used as a standalone module or integrated into a Eurorack modular system. The goal for the O-Coast was to create an all-in-one synth that works well for both the so-called ‘East Coast’ and ‘West Coast’ synthesis approaches.
The 0-Coast can be used with no patch cables, with an internal routing system that provides a version of the classic ‘East Coast’ patch: VCO – Timbral control – VCA + Envelope. It also offers more than two dozen patch points, allowing the sections to be used modularly.
It has a classic oscillator, but attached are two waveshaping circuits, providing both subtractive-friendly waveshapes, as well as additive-friendly waveshapes. There are two envelopes, one reminiscent of the East coast style, being an A(D)SR-staged envelope, with the other being a loopable Rise-Fall envelope commonly used in Buchla and Serge systems.
There is a tap-tempo clock, and random stepped output for modulation and synchronization.
Make Noise No Coast Features
- 2 Channels of MIDI to CV and MIDI to Gate
- Dual mode MIDI Controlled Arpeggiator
- Sync to MIDI Clock
- Compatible w/ Eurorack Modular Synthesizer Signals
- Patchable w/ 13 Sources and 14 Destinations
- Triangle Core Analog VCO
- Uncommon Timbral Animation using OVERTONE & MULTIPLY
- Unique Transistor Based Low Pass Gate DYNAMICS
- Voltage Control of all circuits
- External Audio Input for combining w/ outside sounds
- Headphone and Line Level Amplifier
- Small Rugged Steel Enclosure
Pricing and Availability
The 0-Coast is available now, priced at US $499.