Developer Ícaro Ferre has updated CV Toolkit – an application that lets you use your Mac or PC to control your modular synthesizer – to version 2.5.
“My goal for this new update was to make it as awesome as it could be,” notes Ferre, “in terms of functionality (total recall via Layouts), usability (OSC control, custom titles), design (new themes), and accessibility (2 themes specially designed for people with color-blindness).”
Here’s what’s new in CV Toolkit 2.5:
- Themes – CV Toolkit now includes 7 new themes: Tech, Forest, Red Velvet, GrayScale, NightLife (specially designed for people with deuteranopia), Anachrome (specially designed for people with Tritanopia), and High Contrast.
- OSC Integration – CV Toolkit can now be controlled via TouchOSC, Lemur, or any other OSC application.
- Improved Layouts – Layouts can now store which modules are currently loaded into the 12 slots, all the settings for each of the slots, internal CV buses assingments, custom titles, Routing Matrix routings, as well the the settings for the BPM, global quantizer, and voice mode.
- Custom Titles – Users can now assign custom titles to any of the 12 slot in CV Toolkit. This is an great feature for managing more complex patches.
- Reset module – CV Toolkit now includes a Reset module for resetting analog sequencers according to CV Toolkit’s transport.
- Misc Bug Fixes & Minor Enhancements
- Standalone application – doesn’t require any additional software.
- Virtual Slot System – Change the modules inside the slots and customize CV Toolkit to your own needs. Load any module to any slot!
- Layouts – Save different layouts to use in different situation such as live perfomance or studio tracking.
- 3 Voicing Modes – create anything from simple sequenced patches to more elaborate polyphonic patches (up to four voices).
- Internal CV Buses – Gate / Pitch
- Module Packs – Expand CV Toolkit by purchasing more modules.
- MIDI Clock – sync it to your favorite DAWs, drum machines, iOS apps and etc.
- Eight analog outputs – you can use up to eight analog outputs to send signals to your modular synthesizer.
- OSC Support – Control CV Toolkit using any OSC application such as Lemur or TouchOSC
- Themes – Customize CV Toolkit’s look to your needs and taste.
- Compatible with the littleBits USB i/o module
- MIDI In / Out
- Works on both Mac and PC
- 64-bit application
- Simple interface
Pricing and Availability
CV Toolkit 2.5 is available now for US $19.99. The 2.5 update is free for all existing customers. Additional module packs are also available.