Amazing Noises has introduced Moebius Lab – a multimorphic sound processor for iOS.
Moebius Lab contains a synth, a varispeed stereo sample player, 9 time domain effects, 6 spectral effects, 7 slots for external audio application, and nearly 200 LFOs that can modulate each parameter.
All parameters can be modulated with dedicated LFOs (one independent LFO for each parameter!).
To get you started, the app has more than 200 presets.
Here’s an audio preview, via Maurizio Giri:
The internal synth contains two band limited oscillators, a complex oscillator, a ladder filter, an envelope generator and a sub-bass oscillator.
- EXCITER The Exciter Node distorts the signal below (Saturation) or above (Excitation) a given frequency.
- RINGER A ring modulator with distortion and feedback.
- KLAMPER Clamps the signal with some special features.
- SWARMER A “superchorus”, excellent to create super fat synth sounds (and more). It is composed by a chain of modulated delay lines.
- FILTER The Filter node has two configurations:
- Dub: dual low-pass high-pass state variable filter with resonance and overlap factor.
- Morph: a triple low-pass/band-pass/high-pass state variable filter with resonance and continuous morphing between the filter types.
- SPLITDEL A dual band delay with feedback.
- REDUKTOR This node can be used to decimate and do other “bad things” to your signal.
- SHIFTER A dual band frequency shifter.
- REVERSO Plays the signal in reverse at regular rate.
- BRICKWALL A spectral brickwall filter.
- GRIP This node samples and holds spectral components of the incoming signal, based on their amplitude.
- BLUR A (noisy) “spectral reverb”. The duration of the spectral components is prolonged (blurred).
- DEGRADER A spectral decimator.
- FLUTTER Flutter is a sort of animated brickwall. Two spectral sinusoidal LFOs define the frequency boundaries. The spectral components which are inside or outside (depending on the Spectral Balance) these boundaries are suppressed.
- PLATEVERB As the name suggests this is a classic Plate Reverb.
- DYNAMICS PROCESSOR You can change the output sound using a compressor and expander effect. This is used to either reduce or expand the dynamic range of an audio signal.
- Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support (sender and FX)
- Built-In Stereo Sampler with varispeed
- Control Manager LFO for Parameters
- Midibus, Virtual Midi and Network: 14 bit NRPN controllers
- File Manager, sharing common audio files via iTunes, Dropbox and AudioCopy
- Snapshots Presets Morphing Pad
Pricing and Availability
Moebius Lab is available now for US $12.99 in the App Store.
If you have used Moebius Lab, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!