Tricky Traps is a bundle of 16 “creative contraptions” for Ableton and Max for Live and includes step sequencers, MIDI effects, audio effects and instruments which the user can mix and match in any order. Developers explain, “Tricky Traps are made to perform simple tasks in a playful, intuitive fashion. Combining them together can trigger chain reactions which lead to happy accidents.”
Tricky Traps’ range of devices are designed for hands-on play. Its “quirky” sequencers and playable modulation tools provide a new approach to familiar music-making processes, while its set of “no-nonsense” instruments come with stripped-back sets of tweakable parameters.
Each MIDI device and audio control effect can be accessed via a customized Ableton Push grid, giving the user a range of tactile sequencing options that are new to the Push controller. Tricky Traps works with Launchpad Pro/Mk2 as well, and with the user’s MIDI keyboard.
- 16 unique devices spanning sequencers, sound generators, audio and MIDI effects.
- Mix and match modules in any order for infinite sound combinations.
- Create “intricate musical contraptions” that trigger unexpected chain reactions.
- Interactive sequencers display on the grid for a hands-on experience with Push and Launchpad Pro/Mk2.
- 60+ presets to show off what Tricky Traps is capable of.