Erica Synths has introduced the DIY Synth Voice – an all-in-one Eurorack synth voice module, that’s designed for DIYers.
It consists of all essential blocks for a versatile monosynth, and is 100% patchable for even more control options.
In order to make the module more compact and reliable in tuning, it has digital/analogue design. VCO and envelope generators/LFOs are digital, other parts are analogue. Digital parts are designed around a pre-programmed MCU board, which comes with a kit presoldered on a small controller board.
- VCO with 16 waves and manual wave morphing
- -1 oct suboscillator
- White noise generator
- External audio input
- Audio Mixer
- LP/BP VCF inspired by Black Polivoks VCF
- Lin/log ASR envelope generator with looping function
- Lin ASR EG/LFO with looping function
- 9 LFO waves with wave morphing
- Tap tempo and LFO sync
- LFO frequency multiplication (x2, x4) and division (/2, /4) in sync mode
- VCA with bias control
- Auto callibration for better 1V/oct tuning
Here’s the official video demo:
Pricing and Availability
The DIY Synth Voice is available now, with several DIY options:
- PCBs + ICs (MCU board, 2xK140UD12 opamps, PCB connectors) = 60EUR
- PCBs + ICs (MCU board, 2xK140UD12 opamps, PCB connectors) + panel = 90EUR
- Full kit = 280EUR
- + 21% VAT for individual customers in EU without EU VAT registration number + shipping