Image-Line has released FL Studio 12.3, an update to its popular Windows DAW.
FL Studio 12.3 introduces new plugins, plugin updates, workflow enhancements and realtime audio stretching.
Here’s the official intro video:
00:00 – Introduction and greetings
00:11 – Realtime Audio Stretching
00:25 – Macro – Switch realtime stretching for all audio clips
01:08 – Where do you select realtime stretching?
02:58 – Scale highlighting
03:48 – Keyboard view options
04:26 – Piano roll event editor – Target selector menu
04:42 – Brush tool updates
05:19 – New Piano roll keyboard shortcuts
05:44 – Updated plugins ( Grossbeat )
06:04 – Updated plugins ( Fruity Limiter )
06:29 – Updated plugins ( Love Philter )
06:43 – Updated plugins ( Patcher )
06:57 – Updated plugins ( ZGameEditor Visualiser )
07:12 – Updated plugins ( Sytrus )
07:39 – MIDI ‘Receive notes from’
08:37 – MIDI channel through
09:24 – Solo / Mute locking
10:14 – NEW Transient Processor
11:03 – NEW Razer Chroma
12:14 – Typing values
12:36 – Channel rack buttons ( Resizing )
12:36 – Channel rack buttons ( Sorting / Name / Color / Track )
12:36 – Channel rack ( Window height )
13:38 – Image-Line Remote control
14:31 – Incremental scrolling (Playlist, Piano roll, Event Editor)
15:26 – Continuous scrolling (Playlist, Piano roll, Event Editor)
Here’s what’s new in FL Studio 12.3
- Transient Processor (demo). Enhance or suppress the attack transients and release of percussive and other transient sounds. $49 in the Image-Line Shop.
- Razer Chroma – Control Razer Chroma enabled hardware such as laptops, keyboards, mice and headsets from FL Studio.
- Updated Plugins
- Gross Beat – Vectorial UI.
- Fruity Convolver – Vectorial UI.
- Fruity Limiter – Vectorial UI.
- Love Philter – Vectorial UI.
- Maximus – Vectorial UI.
- Parametric EQ2 – Right-click band tokens to select Key (note frequencies).
- Patcher – New FX patches by WiseLabs, right-click the plugin window’s top-right preset selector.
- Sytrus – Vectorial UI + 73 nucleon presets.
- ZGameEditor Visualizer – Completely revised with up to 25 layers and new visual FX.
- FL Studio Features
- Real-time stretching – Sampler and Audio Clip ‘Realtime > Stretch’ mode allows real-time, independent tempo and pitch variations.
- Lock MIDI notes to Channels – Right-click a Channel Button and select Receive notes from. The Channel will now respond to that Controller regardless of what Channel is selected in FL Studio.
- MIDI channel through – Allows all MIDI Channels from a controller or external sequencer to pass to the plugin for separate control AND to record up to 16 separate MIDI Channel colors.
- Mute/Solo locking – Shift-Click Mute LEDs to lock them to their current state.
- Image-Line Remote feedback – Right-click Enable Image-Line Remote to activate control feedback from IL Remote to FL Studio.
- Type in values – Tempo and Mixer track selectors now accept actual values.
- Auto name option – The names of existing Channels aren’t changed when dropping presets on them and the General Settings > Auto name is off.
- Restore previous state after solo option – General Settings > Miscellaneous allows you to restore the Channel Rack, Playlist and Mixer to their state prior to a solo command, or to unsolo everything when it’s off.
- Channel Rack height – Auto Resize: Set the height of the Channel Rack (Off, Min, Max).
- Channel Rack sorting – Menu option > Sort by: Sort the Channel Rack order by Mixer Track Number, Channel Name or Channel Color.
Pricing and Availability
FL Studio is available now in four editions, starting at US $99. See the Image-Line site for details.