Wolfgang Palm has released PPG Phonem for iPad – a software synthesizer designed for expressive vocal synthesis – for US $19.99.
You can use a built-in text-to-speech tool to make Phonem say anything you like. And an advance routing system lets you tweak and control every aspect of the synthesized voice.
Here’s a video demo:
Using the Phonem program browser:
Using the Phonem Audio Unit Extension:
Using the load-filter to create new sounds:
- Create your own singing style and expressions
- Large Phoneme inventory – 46 english/american plus 5 german plus 4 french phonemes
- Versatile excitation generator/oscillator
- Working with typical voice source or wavetable and time-corrected-samples (TCS)
- Extreme time stretching, freezing and reversing
- Pitch track – let your robots sing
- Control track – let it cry and shout
- Song mode – making it easy to compose your synthesized text
- Wave page – create your own wavetables and modify time-corrected-samples
- Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
- All internal parameters available to the user – give your voices a special dialect or individual character
- Versatile matrix system – allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters
- Two X/Y control pads freely routable to 40 parameters
- 6 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
- 4 LFOs plus Vibrato, Flutter and Growl generators
- Fully programmable resonator filter – allowing production of new sound effects
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Overdrive/Distortion effect
- A/B compare your edited sounds
- AU extension – run multiple Phonem instances in AU hosts
- IAA – inter-app audio support
- Audiobus 2 with statesaving
- 10 min audio recording and Audio copy to the pasteboard
- Redesigned browser with new listing filters
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Freely configurable schematic keypads, with extremely expressive modulation options
- 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
- 4 MIDI modes: Omni, Poly, Mono, and Voice-Per-Channel.
Pricing and Availability
PPG Phonem Synthesizer is available now for US $19.99.
If you’ve used Phonem, share your thought on it in the comments!