Dmitrij Pavlov has introduced Poison-202 – a new iOS software synth designed for creating ‘vintage’ synth sounds.
It is inspired by the classic hardware synthesizers of 80’s and 90’s and offers oscillators, cutoff Filters, ADSR-envelopes, ring, cross modulation, LFOs, sync, super-saw oscillator and more. The library of 150 built-in factory presets includes patches inspired by the music of The Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Azzido Da Bass, Darude, Kraftwerk, Daft Punk and others.
You can play directly on your iPhone / iPad or you can use it with a USB MIDI keyboard.
- 2 oscillators with selectable wave form and pitch
- 5 oscillator waveforms: Saw, Pulse (with adjustable Pulse Width), Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw
- one Super Saw oscillator generates 7 individual saw oscillators at the same time, with adjustable Mix and Detune parameters, reproducing famous classic analog strings and hoover sounds
- additional (third) sinusoid sub oscillator + noise generator
- 2x-oversampled internal sound mixing frequency (96,000 Hz on iPhone 6s)
- 2 TVF (time variant filter) modules with Cutoff, Resonance, Keyboard tracking and ADSR envelope, 12 dB/octave
- 2 TVA (time variant amplifier) modules with ADSR envelope
- It is possible to pair two 12 dB TVF to get one 24 dB filter
- Pitch envelope (Attack/Decay) for each oscillator
- Ring modulation
- Sync modulation
- Pulse width modulation (PWM)
- Cross frequency modulation
- 2 LFO modulation sources with Frequency and Fade-In parameters
- LFO cross-modulation
- 6 waveforms of LFO: Triangle, Sine, Saw, Square, Trapezoid and Random (Sample & Hold)
- 4 LFO modulation destinations: Pitch, Filter, Amplifier and PWM
- Note Portamento
- 3-band EQ for each patch
- Digital realtime effects: Distortion, Bit-Crusher, Chorus, Flanger, Delay, Panning Delay and Reverb with adjustable parameters
- Master brickwall type limiter (can be switched on/off)
- Two signal flow connection structures: Parallel and Serial
- Solo playing mode with Legato switch
- Pitch Wheel with adjustable pitch bend range (2 – 24 semitones)
- Modulation Wheel with assignable controls
- Receive MIDI events: Note On, Note Off, Note Velocity, Control Change (Modulation Wheel), Pitch Bend Change, Program Change, Bank Select LSB/MSB
- Arpeggiator with 6 selectable modes and 12 rhythm patterns with tempo and swing feel control
- Scale play mode when playing onscreen keyboard with over 40 different scales to select from
- Voice polyphony up to 24
- Up to 100 user presets to store
- Scalable and movable onscreen keyboard with key velocity control
- CPU usage indicator
- Volume meter
- Show Oscillogram feature (can be switched on from Settings Page)
- Inter-App Audio supported (MIDI-Instrument mode) to use Poison-202 together with other musical apps and sequencers on your iPhone/iPad, such as Garage Band and others.
Pricing and Availability
Poison-202 is available now for US $9.99.