Apogee Electronics has announced their new Element Series, three Thunderbolt audio I/O boxes for Mac.
Element 24, Element 46 and Element 88, each with a different number of analog and digital I/O, introduces a new “control ecosystem” that features a blend of software and hardware options.
The Element Series are designed to offer Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt recording quality in affordable audio interfaces.
The Element series uses Apogee’s rock solid Thunderbolt driver for 1.41ms round-trip latency when using Logic Pro X. As an added element, the series also features Apogee Groove’s headphone output technology. This design dynamically optimizes sound quality for a wide variety of headphones, regardless of their impedance. you have connected.
The highly configurable Element Control software for Mac lets users set up workflows that meet their needs and the Element Control for iOS App lets them control the Elements remotely over WiFi. Logic Pro X users can adjust Element I/O settings directly from their Logic Channel strips. And for those wanting more traditional desktop control, there’s the optional Apogee Control hardware, featuring a Duet like form-factor with 8 assignable buttons and a master control knob.
“The Element Series delivers incredible performance at outstanding prices,” says Betty Bennett, Co-Founder and CEO of Apogee. “The streamlined physical hardware takes a very direct approach, allowing us to maximize the components that are most important to sound quality. In addition, the Element Control ecosystem takes the audio interface user experience a step forward while giving customers more options.”
Here’s the official intro video:
- New family of Thunderbolt audio interfaces for Mac
- Element 24: 10 IN x 12 OUT
- Element 46: 12 IN x 14 OUT
- Element 88: 16 IN x 16 OUT
- Sound quality equal to Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-bit
- World-class mic preamps built-in, with selectable 48v phantom power
- Single port Thunderbolt connectivity to Mac for ultra-low latency performance
- 1.41ms round-trip at 96kHz with a 32 buffer setting
- New Element Control Software for Mac provides all control of hardware parameters including input gain, output level and low latency monitoring
- New Element Control Mobile App provides wireless remote control of hardware via iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Works with Apogee Control – Desktop hardware remote control accessory
- Multi-Unit Thunderbolt support – Connect any two Element audio I/O boxes directly to Thunderbolt ports on your computer
Price and Availability:
- Element 24 – $595 USD – Available November 2016
- Element 46 – $895 USD – Now Shipping Worldwide
- Element 88 – $1495 USD – Now Shipping Worldwide
- Element Control for Mac – Available as download from Apogee’s website
- Element Control for iOS – Now Available for Free from Apple’s App Store
- Apogee Control Hardware Remote – $195 USD – Available November 2016
See the Apogee site for more info.