Delptronics has released the LDB-2e “Little Drummer Boy” analog drums Eurorack module, which packs eight drum voices into a 6HP wide module.
The LDB-2e is an update to their LDB-1e module. It is 2HP wider and now includes the individual volume controls and output jacks of the old 6HP expansion module. The sounds are new, too.
The LDB-2x expansion module is new and gives you knob and CV control of the pitch of every drum, and the decay of the kick and open hi-hat.
The module uses analog circuitry, not samples. The goal goal was to recreate the classic analog drum sounds of the 80’s, like the Roland TR-606 and TR-808.
- Eight Analog Drum Sounds
- Kick Drum
- Low Tom
- High Tom
- Wood Block
- Rim Shot
- Snare Drum
- Closed Hi-hat
- Open Hi-hat
- Individual outputs and volume knobs for Kick, Snare, Toms, and Hi-hats
- Volume knob for Wood Block and Rim Shot
- Mix output jack.
Drums are removed from the mix when a patch cord is plugged into an individual output jack.
- Eight voice polyphony
All drums can be played simultaneously
Simultaneous open and closed hi-hat sounds like an accented closed hi-hat
- Connect it to any trigger, gate, envelope, or clock source
- Built-in gate to trigger converter
A trigger or gate signal of any shape or duty cycle will trigger the drums.
- 6 HP wide, 40mm deep (skiff friendly)
- Draws 28mA +12V, 20ma -12V, does not require 5V
LDB-2x Expansion Module Features:
- A knob and a control voltage jack for the pitch of every instrument
- A knob and a control voltage jack for the decay of the open hi-hat and kick drum
- 6 HP wide, 30mm deep (skiff friendly)
- Connects to the LDB-2x via an included ribbon cable
- Does not require separate power
Pricing and Availability
The LDB-2e is available now for US $195; the LDB-2x is $125.