Reactable has introduced ROTOR – a new app that is designed to turn your iPad into a music performance suite.
Using the optional ROTOR controllers, it also brings Reactable’s tangible music control to the iPad for the first time.
ROTOR incorporates dozens of modules – including instruments, audio effects, modulators and controllers – that can be patched together as you like. You can create and use patches with or without using the tangible controllers.
With the ROTOR controllers, though, you add the ability to control any parameter by moving and twisting ‘pucks’ on the iPad’s surface. This gives 3 additional degrees of freedom to each hand.
- Automatic real-time key detection of your loops and wavefiles lets you play them either as masters, determining the tonality of the whole session, or as slaves, following the tonality.
- Up to 9 simultaneous voices using loops, samplers, synthesizers and line input, plus any combination of effects and controllers.
- Create patches on the fly combining up to 24 simultaneous modules. Modulate any parameter.
- Control everything using multi-touch gestures plus the optional ROTOR controllers (can be purchased separately).
- Ableton Link integration allows to play in perfect sync with Ableton Live running in your laptop, as well as with other Ableton Link compatible iOS apps running in other devices. Combine multiple ROTOR instances running on separate iPads.
- Change the tempo of your session without affecting its pitch.
- Additional Swing and Tap tempo control.
- The automatic real-time key detection of loops and sound files can also be applied to ROTOR’s synths, samplers, sequencers and virtual keyboards, insuring that no note will ever be out of key.
- Configure manually up to 6 additional tonalities or chords, that will also affect the tonal content of keyboards and sequencers.
- Record and save loops on-the-fly and integrate them into your performance, without interrupting the music and creative flow. Save them for exporting them to other applications.
MIDI IN settings allows any object to receive external control from a different user-selectable MIDI port/channels.
- Use the iPad accelerometer for controlling any module parameter.
- Use ROTOR 100+ exclusive loops or import your own, in WAV or OGG format.
- Use ROTOR 100+ sampler presets or import your own in SF2 format.
- Contextual help and 100+ pages interactive manual with 30+ demos and tutorials.
Pricing and Availability